Wednesday, March 18, 2009

favorite apartment








After many years of collecting image after image of cool looking apartments and houses, this remains one of my top favorites. This is the two bedroom apartment of the band, Blonde Redhead. The two main singers are married, I believe, and were featured in Domino awhile back. I tore out and pasted these images into the very first pages of my inspiration notebook and not much else has topped it yet. I wouldn’t call their apartment amazing in any design-related context, but I really love that their apartment is clean, yet very casually put together with the use of such soft colors (even though I do enjoy brighter colors, too, and are probably more naturally attracted to them) and really awesome antiques and old wallpapers. Someday when Malachi and I get a bigger place I will try to emulate the feel of this apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...